Directions to Friday Harbor
- There are several ways to get to San Juan Island.
- You can fly directly from Seattle in 30-45 minutes in an airplane or seaplane. www.kenmoreair.com
- Or drive an hour and a half north of Seattle to Anacortes or south from
- Vancouver, B.C. and board a Washington State Ferry.
- Directions to Washington State Ferry from Interstate 5: Take exit #230,
- go west on Hwy. 20 to Anacortes (thirty minutes) follow Commercial Ave.
- north, turn left on 12th Street, ferry terminal is two miles ahead.
- if you plan to bring a car
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A RESERVATION BOTH DIRECTIONS AT
Remember bringing your car is not necessary.
If you walk on th ferry a reservation is not ncessary
If you are bringng your car and coming by Washington State Ferry, we recommend you have your vehicle in the ferry line in Anacortes 1/2 hour ahead of sailing to insure your reservation.
FYI start your visit to the San Juans early
IN THE SUMMER, SPRING AND FALL;
BRING A PICNIC, PARK YOUR CAR IN THE FERRY LINE AND GO DOWN
TO THE BEACH ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FERRY LINE, IT IS A LOVELY
LONG BEACH, PERFECT FOR WALKING YOUR DOG. THERE IS ALSO A
BOARDWALK OFF THE BEACH THAT TRAVELS ALONG THE BEACH AND
ADJOINING WETLANDS. ENJOY THE TIME IN THE FERRY LINE, ALWAYS BRING SOMETHING TO READ.....WATCH THE LOCALS VISIT WITH EACH OTHER.
Once you arrive on San Juan Island...
Our Suites are located in the historic district of Friday Harbor. Acanthus Suites is at 460 Argyle Ave. The Lofts are located at 195 Nichols Steet (above the commerical fishing mural in the Ace Hardware Bld.) Both are within a block and a half from each other. To get to both walk straight up "A" street from the ferry landing (alongside the parking lot for the ferry) for two short blocks. Turn right onto Nichols street, The Lofts are located on your left side at 195 Nichols, look for the red awning. To get to Acanthus Suites continue to the end of the street (be sure to take a look at the historic commercial fishing mural on the left side of Nichols street, created by a local artist) take a left onto Argyle Ave. and go 2 more short blocks along Argyle to Acanthus Suites on the left side of Argyle Avenue. it is easy to find watch for the sign and the building.
Follow the ferry traffic up Spring street three blocks and take a left turn onto Argyle Ave. Go 2 blocks, and take a left turn onto into the parking area of
Acanthus Suites. Follow the pathway to the stairs of our welcoming porch.